2008/04/17

Rising Down: Killer Mike

“I don’t rap for me. I rap for the common man, on some real shit .”
Killer Mike


The follwing features excerpts from
XXL's, June 2008, Vol. 12, No. 5, Rising Down article by Branden J. Peters:


Michael “Killer Mike” Rener, the self-proclaimed “Outcast of Outkast” is upset as a man not as a hater. The following excerpts should expound on his perturbation:

“I used to look at rap like it was real,” he says. “And I believed the people who were talking. But them days is gone. Now, I just look at a bunch of lying-ass-ni**as” And sometime they say good shit, but most of the time they say bullshit.

“I’m not into swagger. In fact, swagger’s a bit effeminate for me,” he says. “Before I was a rapper, before I was a drug dealer, before I was a drug dealer, before I was a student at Morehouse College, before I was any of those things, I was a man. And my whole life goal has been to be a man, like the men I admire. And that’s what’s wrong with rap right now―you don’t have any men. You don’t have anybody willing to be responsible. You don’t have anybody willing to give their audience real game.”

Dis-klā-mər

U.S. Code Title 17 § 107 permits copyrighted material to be used under the "fair use" doctrine without any permission from the copyright owner. Albeit, as far as these files are concerned, they are clips and/or low quality reproductions of material. Therefore, they should not be used as substitutes for retail copies of the material contained within.
No currency or materials in-lieu of same has changed hands during the download and/or distribution of these files. No monetary reward is expected and/or accepted for the content of these files. No pretense has been, nor will ever be, made that these files and their contents have ever been, or ever will be, of retailable quality.
Nevertheless, any artist or legal copyright owner who would rather not see their music or other creations on this blog, please leave a comment with a valid e-mail address and I will hastily respond accordingly.
If you do download any music or any other copyrighted material(s), please delete download within 24 hrs and purchase the material(s) from a retailer.

Support the artist and buy from legitamate retailers such as:

Dusty Groove, Stones Throw & Hip-O Select
Since Earth Day: 2008/04/22
Never incautious of corporate branding per Adbrite and Google AdSense accordingly, Fulsome does not endorse Ad:Free Blog.
As a consequence all adverts have been perennially demounted.